4th September 2020 - Sheep Smallholders Meeting
Ardene House invites you to our annual Sheep Smallholders Meeting
When: Friday, 4th September 2020 from 4-5pm
Where: Zoom! Join us from the comfort of your own home (or from your sheep shed to bring your own sheep along!)
Topics: All things sheep, including: disease prevention and vaccinations; injection and drenching techniques; how to do condition scoring; and more. There will be a presentation followed by a live Q&A session with our farm vet Rebecca Seraphin.
Cost: £12 incl VAT (£10 +VAT)
Contact the farm office of Ardene House Vet Practice at 01224 740700 to register with your name, email, and phone number. We will then email you the Zoom link. Payment will be required upon registration.
4th March 2020 - Free Client Evening
Free Client Evening Wednesday 4th March 2020 7.00pm At Ardene House Vet Practice
Owner’s guide to Equine Cushing’s Disease
- What is Cushing’s Disease
- The link between laminitis and PPID
- Best practice recommendations for disease diagnosis and management
- Supportive care for the Cushing’s patient Talk by Linda Greaves from Boehringer Ingelheim
The Ins and Outs of Equine AI
- What to expect
- Planning ahead and being prepared for the breeding season Talk by Austen Marr
To book a place please contact the farm office on 01224 740700.
Refreshments will be provided. Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements.
14th February 2020 - Management at Lambing Course
Ardene House with Jim Marr invite you to the:
Management at Lambing Course on the 14th February 2020.
This will be held from 9:30am to 3:00pm at Ardene House Vet Practice Ltd, Kingswells, Aberdeen AB15 8PJ.
The meeting will cost £75. It will include a talk in the morning, and a practical session in the afternoon. Lunch and refreshments are included. When booking, please inform us of any dietary requirements.
Topics covered include:
- How to prepare for lambing time
- The importance of good nutritional management prior to lambing
- How to prevent and treat common peri-natal problems
- Ovine abortion: common causes, how to investigate it, and how to reduce the risk
- Clostridial vaccinations
- Normal parturition and when to either intervene or seek veterinary advice
If you are interested in attending, please contact the reception of Ardene House Vets on 01224 740700, or ask one of our Farm Vets.