Ardene House Veterinary Practice has been running in Aberdeen for over 100 years. The origins of the practice can be traced back to a veterinary practice started by W. Hepburn. D. H. Armstrong bought the practice in 1943 when it was concerned mostly with the care of horses working at nearby Aberdeen Harbour. Mr K. C. Gammack joined the practice in 1945 and the practice became Armstrong & Gammack. In 1982, the practice became Ardene House Veterinary Practice to comply with RCVS regulations on practice names, and a branch was opened at Bridge of Don.
The practice continued to grow and in 1997 built a new Veterinary Hospital at Kingswells to be home to the farm and equine vets as well as allowing expansion of the small animal facilities. It is the only RCVS accredited Small Animal Veterinary Hospital in Aberdeen. From being a one-man practice, there are now multiple vets, nurses and support staff working at Kingswells and the Bridge of Don sites.
Originally being largely an equine practice dealing with working horses, we have grown into a practice which is concerned with the wellbeing of farm animals, leisure and sports horses, small domestic animals, bird and reptiles.